This is truly the most delicious and simple home-made plant-based milk I've ever tried.
Here are the simple ingredients:
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of raw cashews
1 pinch of salt (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
1. Soak the oats in plenty of water for at least 20 minutes, but it could be for several hours or overnight. Soak the cashews too (separately) for better results.
2. Drain the oats and rinse them in a strainer. Drain the cashews if you soaked them.
3. Add the oats to a blender, along with the cashews and the rest of the ingredients, and 5 cups of water. Blend until creamy.
4. Straining the milk using a nut milk bag or greek yogurt strainer with pitcher.
5. Store in a glass bottle or pitcher and refrigerate. Consume in 4 to 5 days.