I love making my own milk. This recipe is quick to make so I don't have an excuse of not having enough time. It's also creamy and silky. It is truly the most delicious and simple home-made plant-based milk I've ever tried.
Here are the simple ingredients:
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of raw cashews
1 pinch of salt (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
1. Soak the oats in plenty of water and cashews for at least 20 minutes, but it could be for several hours or overnight.
2. Drain the oats and cashews and rinse them in a strainer (this is to prevent the milk from getting a more "slimy" feel to it).
3. Add the oats and cashews to a blender, along with the rest of the ingredients, and 5 cups of water. Blend until creamy.
4. Strain the milk using a nut milk bag or a very fine strainer such as a greek yogurt strainer.
5. Store in a glass bottle or pitcher and refrigerate. Consume in 4 to 5 days.
For more simple whole-food plant-based recipes that will increase your health, healing (from chronic diseases) and longevity, check out my cookbook in Amazon: